Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Simple pan-fried lamb chops

Since I came to the US I seldom eat lamb chops, which has always been my favorite. I don't know why though. But the other day I spotted a beautiful rack of lamb while grocery shopping with M, so we bought it and made the simplest lamb chops ever.. who knows it would turn out so good!


First I slightly scored the lamb chops on both sides (so that they can suck up the marinade) and brushed olive oil all over.


For the marinade, I sprinkled salt, pepper, garlic, fresh rosemary and thyme on all sides of the lamb chop.


Cover and let them sit for about 1 - 2 hours.


Heat up a skillet (cast iron would be very ideal) with a 50/50 mix of canola oil and clarified butter. Because my oven is not working so couldn't pop it in there to roast after searing. Therefore I had to pan-fry them on medium-low heat so that I could achieve the desired doneness (which is medium for us).



There we have the simplest lamb chops ever, with baby gold potatoes sautéed in clarified butter, and some veggies. Buon appetito! ;)

Have a productive week fellas! 
Please stay tuned! :)
NP.